The team at Factom has been taking shelter from the triple digit temperatures that come with the Texas summers, allowing us some big wins, like the release of Parchment for Factomd and publication of Ethereum Anchoring. While this is a summary of July’s activities as an Authority Node Operator (ANO) of the Factom Protocol, you can find more technical details in the Grant Status Update here.
The main event in July for core development for Factomd was the release of v6.3.3 which went by the codename Parchment. Parchment was a bugfix release that was built on top of Bond (v6.3.2). Dependent Holding, Optimistic Entry Writing and fixing a bug that was making the state build incorrectly. Parchment had 239 commits on top of Bond, with 147 files changed. https://github.com/FactomProject/factomd/compare/v6.3.2…v6.3.3-rc1
The role of Sponsors in the grant process have been instrumental for feedback along with community engagement from third parties and we are very grateful for their participation. We record every other meeting and meet on a biweekly schedule. The sponsors in attendance in July were Nolan Bauer, Valentin Ganev, and Nikola Nikolov (both of Factomatic). Check out the recordings to learn more!
- July 3rd Sponsor Meeting: https://youtu.be/v5gyEmKBQRs
- July 31st Sponsor Meeting: https://youtu.be/AKh-XWTY_9k
While summer is often slow when it comes to conferences and events, the fall calendar is filling up quickly. Reach out to us if you’d like to connect at a conference or for coffee.
- Cambridge International Symposium on Economic Crime, Sept 1st – 8th, Cambridge England
- Smart City Expo Atlanta, Sept 11th-13th, Atlanta, GA
- Digital Mortgage Conference, Sept 23rd – 24th, Las Vegas, NV
- Annual Mortgage Bankers Conference, Oct 28 – 30th , Austin, Tx
- Blockchain Conference North America, Nov 13th -14th, Santa Clara, CA
July kept the Factom Inc., team busy and sticking close to home but we are looking forward to the fall with conferences and events to showcase the Factom® Protocol ecosystem.
As always, thank you for your time and attention!