Outputs and Outcomes
Our focus is to:
- Improve the performance and reliability of the Protocol
- Drive awareness of, and market demand for, the Protocol
- Provide ability to monitor the exchange rate and make adjustments as needed
- Make improvements to the Anchor Master allowing Factom to remain competitive and relevant in the marketplace.
Status and Achievements
WORK IN PROGRESS
- Ethereum Anchoring (Anchor Grant)
- Standing Parties (Protocol Grant)
- Ensures no other standing party can lay claim to the same standing
- Cannot be intercepted by an attacker before secured in the Standing Chain
- Can be easily tallied to calculate the standing behind a decision in the Factom protocol
- FactomD Recognizes Voting (Protocol Grant)
- The tracking of identities which can be used to track the standing parties and delegate votes to provide support for ANOs, Grants, etc.
- Provide APIs to expose information about staked FCT to allow the 3rd parties to do calculations based on this data.
- Provide APIs to expose information about staked ECs to allow the 3rd parties to do calculations based on this data.
- New Network Diagnostic API (Protocol Grant) – Gives visibility into aspects of nodes to better understand their performance and what could have caused a stall.
- Rate Change Alerts (Oracle Grant) – Keeps the exchange rate current with the market to ensure they stay near the intended constant rate.
- Sept 17th Release Feature development complete but was pulled from MainNet due to issue. Will release once issues identified and QA is complete.
- Performance Graphing Tools – Collecting data is complete for required for new internal graphing tools that allow QA a better understanding of how changes affect performance
- Timeouts Defined Merged – Improvement to simulation tests so when they fail they exit
- Calculate System Status Always – Populated Control Panel Summary\Syncing by default
- Upgrade Golang to 1.11 – Keep up with Golang development
- Test Net Coin Base payout Delay change – Allows outside developers to test Coinbase cancels (Protocol Grant)
- Continue to reduce number of missing messages – Allow the ANO nodes to communicate more effectively, have less bandwidth overhead and less risk of failure due to peer to peer network deficiencies. (Protocol Grant)
- Sept 17th Release Development complete but was pulled from MainNet due to issue. Will release once issues identified and QA is complete.
- Duplicate Message reduction – Performance Improvement by no longer sending messages that were previously received.
- MMR Improvements
- reduced the amount of messages asked for that are not needed
- do not ask for same message multiple times without specific time lag
- reduce RAM consumption for process lists during reboot
- SimCtrl EC purchase method – Improvement that allows simulation to more accurate match observed purchase behavior
- Election Failures – Improvement to the number of false fails from simulation tests when follower/audit nodes are not keeping up
- Improved Diagnostics on MainNet Stalls – Allows better visibility into DBsig mismatches causing stalls.
- Fastrack Queue for Synchronization Messages – Improved transactions per second
- Add multiple-fct-balances, multiple-ec-balances and wallet-balances to CLI – Gives a readable access to the Total Wallet Balance call.
- Suppress Missing Message Request – Reduce message requests by Suppress Missing Message requests during reboot
- Cleaning up Exchange API Call – Removed debug code
- Race Condition Fix – Improves stability when booting
- DBSig Election Stall – Fixes the reason for the more frequent stall cases. Blog Post was created to explain: https://factomize.com/forums/threads/the-curious-case-of-the-doppelganger-dbsig-planned-fix-for-v5-4-3.680/
- Correct Process List – Avoids audit servers and followers lagging behind on their load which could cause leaders to stop functioning as leaders
- Internal Testing Correction – Caused false negatives in test suite. Correction allows test to wait for all the nodes in the test before completion of test.
- Factom-walletd prints http authorization credentials – Removed the password that was printed on the logs
- Onboarded Matt York – Senior Engineer
- Onboarded Kevin Casper – Community Manager
- Received approval from Lawyers to allow integration of 3rd Party Source Code. Next step is to develop process to guide 3rd Party developers on how to accomplish this.
- Wanxaing Blockchain Summit – Sept 11 – 12th, Shanghai, China
- Sponsored the Hackathon: a team using Factom ended up winning
- David, Chairman of Factom, spoke at the conference
- BlockWorld – Sept 14th,2018
- Paul Spoke: Managing Identity on the Blockchain
- Digital Mortgage Conference – Sept 17th and 18th, Las Vegas, NV
- Boothed and Event Sponsor
- SmartContract Hackathon and Summit, Sept 28 – 30th, Chicago, IL
- 75 hackers and 50 summit attendees
- The Summit was a great success and was live streamed. Working on getting the video edited now.
- MISMO Fall Summit – Sept 24 – 28th, Washington, DC
- Laurie is Co-Chair of the “Blockchain Community of Practice Working” group
- Improving internal processes regarding work priorities given to team
- Enable the ability to count votes of standing parties
- Support of internal sharding
- Ongoing Performance Improvements
- Continue supporting the protocol and issues that arise
- Improvements to Rate Change Log allowing validation against historical data
- Rate change alerts
- Ethereum Anchors