Outputs and Outcomes
Our focus is to:
- Improve the performance and reliability of the Protocol
- Drive awareness of, and market demand for, the Protocol
- Provide ability to monitor the exchange rate and make adjustments as needed
- Make improvements to the Anchor Master allowing Factom to remain competitive and relevant in the marketplace.
Status and Achievements
WORK IN PROGRESS
- New Network Diagnostic API – Gives visibility into aspects of nodes to better understand their performance and what could have caused a stall.
- Ethereum Anchoring (Anchor Grant)
- Standing Parties (Protocol Grant)
- Ensures no other standing party can lay claim to the same standing
- Cannot be intercepted by an attacker before secured in the Standing Chain
- Can be easily tallied to calculate the standing behind a decision in the Factom protocol
- FactomD Recognizes Voting (Protocol Grant)
- The tracking of identities which can be used to track the standing parties and delegate votes to provide support for ANOs, Grants, etc.
- Provide APIs to expose information about staked FCT to allow the 3rd parties to do calculations based on this data.
- Provide APIs to expose information about staked ECs to allow the 3rd parties to do calculations based on this data.
- Continue to reduce number of missing messages – Allow the ANO nodes to communicate more effectively, have less bandwidth overhead and less risk of failure due to peer to peer network deficiencies. (Protocol Grant)
- Increase Transactions per Second — Increases the resiliency of the network to business relevant loads.
- Refactored code to reduce number of missing messages – Allow the ANO nodes to communicate more effectively, have less bandwidth overhead and less risk of failure due to peer to peer network deficiencies. Testing Proof (Protocol Grant)
- Control Panel feature to allow dynamic control of logs – Allows the ability to diagnose systems that are behaving badly.
- Suppressing Messages – Suppress Unhelpful Error Messages regarding errors in config files
- DBState History – Saving short history of DBstates locally and allows us to diagnose disagreeing servers
- Balance Finder Utility – Allows engineers to determine anomalies within local nodes
- Ability to restore API Wallet – If Wallet is corrupted can use 12 words to reinstate balance if using leveldb
- Correction of Network Level Attack Vector – System is now more resilient to malicious attacks
- Refactored Network Connection Code – System is now more resilient and responsive
- Elections causing Stalls and follow on elections – Avoids extra elections which would stall the network unnecessarily
- Entry Credit Usage Accounting – Could cause discrepancies between leaders which could result in stalls
- DBSig Replaced – Replaced bad DBSig with good ones after elections which lead to stalls
- API Fix for TXid’s – Improves how we report status of entry and factoid commits to show status more accurately.
- Peer to Peer concurrency bugging – FactomD will not panic when trying to log and process peer to peer messages simultaneously
- China Life Panel – Aug 2nd, Stanford University
- 6th Annual Big Data Conference – Aug 28 – 30th, Santa Clara, California
- Improved internal processes regarding gitflow
- Refactored code to improve transactions per second.
- Enable the ability to count votes of standing parties
- Descoped Items for this Grant Period
- Support of internal sharding
- Coinbase cancel UI
- Improved support structure for Factom Guides and ANO’s
- Improvements to Rate Change Log allowing validation against historical data
- Rate change alerts
- Ethereum Anchors